Saturday, December 3, 2011

Felt Wreath



This was my craft for the day. I followed the directions from the pin that JoAnn Fabrics put on Pinterest. I did a few things differently. I wrapped the styrofoam form with strips of felt. I didn't use the crystal pins in the green felt flowers (costly and they wouldn't really show up). Also, I used hot glue to hold them in place and I anchored them with just regular  sewing pins (helps to use a thimble to push them into the styrofoam).

I like the way that it turned out, but I think I would make the felt strips 1 1/2" strips instead of 2". Also, I think I would make more of the flowers to go around the outside. Also, I don't know if I would add a ribbon or just keep it simple. I tried using white tulle for the bow, but I didn't like the way it looked. Maybe if I had red it might have looked better. There are so many variations of red, I wish I would have taken the red felt along with me to find one that was a better match. Also, I like the cluster of red flowers in a group rather than a row. 

The most time consuming part was sewing the flowers. The project was fairly inexpensive as I used coupons for almost everything I needed. I bought the regular sewing pins at Hobby Lobby for 40% off, the pearl corsage pins from JoAnn Fabrics for 40% off. The felt is only 4 for a $1.00 and I bought the styrofoam wreath for $5.00. Thinking about making one as a gift for the holiday.  If I do, I will post pics of the steps to make it.  It really is easy to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment